Things You'll Need
- 12-inch wire, straw or grapevine wreath form
- 8 yards wired ribbon, 2 1/2 to 3 inches wide, (first color or pattern)
- 8 yards wired ribbon, 2 1/2 to 3 inches wide, (second color or pattern)
- 8 yards wired ribbon, 1 1/2 inches wide, (third color or pattern)
Make wire mesh ribbon wreaths for any holiday or season. Wire mesh ribbon has wire running along the lengthwise edges and is available in many styles and widths. You can shape it with your fingers and it stays in place. Using bright holiday colors and patterns, adults and children can enjoy making these beautifully simple wreaths.
Making a Wreath
Cut the wide ribbon into 16 pieces, one yard long each, using scissors. Cut the narrow ribbon into 16 pieces, 18 inches long each.
Tie the wide ribbon pieces to the wreath form using a simple knot. Place them evenly around the form, alternating the colors.
Fill in the wreath with the narrow ribbon lengths. Tie these on with a simple knot, or tie them into bows.
Shape and puff the ribbons with your fingers to achieve the desired shape and fullness.
A centerpiece can be wired or hot-glued to the center of your wreath. Add decorations as desired.
- Elizabeth Allam/Demand Media