The PlayStation 2 (PS2) Multitap is a peripheral attachment that allows up to four players to play on a single PS2. The PS2 has just two controller ports installed, and several games, most often sports games, were created to allow additional players. The PS2 was the last video game console that needed a Multitap to have more than two controller ports. Systems since the PS2's release have at least four controller ports installed.
Things You'll Need:
- 1 To 4 Playstation 2 Controllers
- Multitap Adaptar
- 1 To 4 Playstation 2 Memory Cards (Optional)
Turn off the PS2.
Plug the Multitap into "Controller Port A," the first player controller port on the PS2.
Connect the first player controller into slot 1 on the Multitap.
Plug the remaining controllers in order into their respective slots on the Multitap. For example, the second player controller should be connected next into slot 2.
Place a memory card in each slot under the controller plug, if necessary according to the game.
Turn on the PS2. In the game's menu, navigate to "Multiplayer" options to set up the game.
- Not all games support three- or four-player gameplay. Check the game's instruction manual for information on multiplayer support.
- Gamester Multitap for PlayStation 2 Instruction Manual; Radica: Gamester; 2001
William Pullman is a freelance writer from New Jersey. He has written for a variety of online and offline media publications, including "The Daily Journal," "Ocular Surgery News," "Endocrine Today," radio, blogs and other various Internet platforms. Pullman holds a Master of Arts degree in Writing from Rowan University.
- How to Use Both a Keyboard and a Mouse With N64 Game Emulators
- Differences in the Slim and Fat PlayStation 3
- How to Set Up a Nintendo 64 System Using an RF Unit
- How to Install Swap Magic on the PS3
- How to Change the Split Screen on "Borderlands" to Horizontal on the PS3
- How to Play Flash Games on PS3 Internet