Programmable remote control transmitters for RC cars allow enthusiasts to control a number of vehicles using a single remote. After you program the frequency of each of your RC cars into it, you may find that you need to reprogram it later on. Reprogramming a programmable transmitter is very similar across all makes and models, so it can be done in only a few minutes.
Install into your computer the transmitter software that came with your remote control transmitter if you have not already done so.
Plug the USB to transmitter cord into your computer's USB port.
Plug the other end of the cord into your transmitter.
Power on the remote control transmitter.
Open the transmitter software.
Go to "File" and then "Import" and select your transmitter from the list of devices. This will load the current programming of your remote control transmitter onto your computer.
Delete the frequencies programmed into your remote transmitter that you no longer use.
Type in the frequencies that you would like programmed into your transmitter.
Go to "File" and then "Save." This will save and export the changes you have made to your remote control transmitter's programming.
Things You'll Need
- Computer with USB port
- Programmable remote control transmitter
- USB to transmitter cord
- R/C Airplane World: An Introduction to Car RC Systems
- Hooked on RC Airplanes: RC Airplane Radio Systems
- Mycoolheli.com: How to install and get the PC software working for an Exceed CT6A or CT6B Transmitter. Turborix, Exceed are re-branded Flysky Transmitters so this install page works with all of those.
- Jupiterimages/Creatas/Getty Images