The Spektrum DX6i is a radio transmitter used for remote controlled vehicles that communicates with a receiver, such as the Spektrum AR series, to give specific control of your remote vehicle. In order for this communication to occur, the Spektrum DX6i transmitter needs to “bind” with the receiver, allowing the two devices to be paired for proper control.
Make sure that you have a DSM2 receiver. To properly bind the Spectrum DX6i transmitter, you must have a receiver that is compatible. This includes any of the Spektrum AR series receivers and will be listed on the packaging of your device.
Insert your bind plug into the BATT/BIND pins on the receiver. This port is usually the last port in the row.
Turn on your receiver by plugging it into a power source, usually the electronic speed controller or ESC. You will notice that the light on the receiver flashes; this lets you know the receiver is in bind mode.
Turn on your Spektrum DX6i transmitter while holding down the "Bind/Trainer" switch. After a few seconds, the light on your receiver will become a solid color indicating that you have effectively bound your Spektrum DX6i transmitter to your compatible receiver, and you can let go of the "Bind/Trainer" switch.
Remove your bind plug from the BATT/BIND port on the AR series receiver.
Things You'll Need
- Spektrum DX6i transmitter
- DSM2 compatible receiver
- Bind plug
- Power source
Do not forget to remove the bind plug when you are finished with the binding process. Not doing so will place your receiver into bind mode each time you power it on.
- Do not forget to remove the bind plug when you are finished with the binding process. Not doing so will place your receiver into bind mode each time you power it on.
Todd Helfman started writing in 2010. He started as a means of using his experience in clinical medicine to educate others. Helfman holds a Doctor of Osteopathy from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine and is a board certified emergency physician through the American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine.
- How to Hook-Up Multiple Game Consoles and Audio Video for TV Through One Converter Box
- How to Test a Speed Controller for a Brushless Motor
- How to Program the ESC for a Brushless Motor
- How to Figure Out the WPA Key Code for PS3
- How to Connect Surround Sound to a PS3
- How to Install a 4-Way Splitter for Cable TV