The video game "Guitar Hero" comes with wireless controllers shaped as a guitar. When you first buy the video game, you need to manually connect and sync the wireless controller to make it work. While some people simply plug in the controller expecting it to connect, not all wireless controllers will connect automatically.
Turn off all controllers to the "Guitar Hero" game.
Turn on the power for the consul. Notice that the dongle will light up. The dongle looks like a USB stick, but works like a wireless connector.
Place the guitar controller so it faces the consul with the dongle.
Press the power button in the guitar controller. A flash will light up in slow blinks.
Press the power button on the dongle, so that it connects with the controller and the consul.
Press the button on the guitar controller so that the flash lights up in fast blinks. The wireless guitar controller is now connected.
- Save your receipt when you first purchase "Guitar Hero." If you cannot sync the guitar controller manually, something is wrong with it. You will need to get another guitar controller from PlayStation.
Based in Toronto, Mary Jane has been writing for online magazines and databases since 2002. Her articles have appeared on the Simon & Schuster website and she received an editor's choice award in 2009. She holds a Master of Arts in psychology of language use from the University of Copenhagen in Denmark.
- How to Use the Korg Ca-20 Chromatic Tuner
- The "Guitar Hero" Guitar Won't Connect to the PS2
- How to Connect a 'Guitar Hero 3' Controller to PS3
- How to Get the Microphone to Work on Guitar Hero for Playstation 3
- The PS3 Controller Doesn't Work and the Lights Just Blink
- How to Connect a Wired Controller to a PS3