Determining the value of a Fender guitar for insurance or resale purposes can ensure that you receive full value for your guitar. Many people who aren't guitarists sell Fender guitars every year on sites such as eBay and Craigslist for much less than the instrument is worth. While learning to play the guitar takes many years of practice, finding out how much a Fender guitar is worth can be as simple as locating the nearest authorized Fender dealer.
Use a computer with Internet access. Open a web browser such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
Navigate to the website www.fender.com.
Click on the words "Dealer Finder," located at the top-center of the Fender homepage.
Click on the word "Select" to open a drop box listing each state. Choose your state.
Click on the box to the left of the words "Fender Electric Guitars & Basses." Click on the "Find Dealers" box.
Click on the dealer in your city to reveal its address.
Bring the Fender guitar to the authorized Fender dealer closest to you. Ask the dealer for a "written appraisal," to determine the value of the instrument. Be prepared to leave the guitar at the dealer overnight, as this may take a few days to complete.
Cleaning a guitar and avoiding scratches and nicks can greatly add to the instrument's value.
- Always take a Fender guitar to an authorized Fender dealer for an appraisal to avoid receiving unqualified, or misleading, information.
This article was written by the CareerTrend team, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information. To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more about CareerTrend, contact us [here](http://careertrend.com/about-us).
- How to Find the Value of an Upright Hallet Davis Piano
- How to Identify a PRS Guitar Model
- How to Determine the Age of an Antique Silvertone Guitar
- How to Describe the Age of Yamaha Guitars by Serial Number
- How Do I Tell What Model of Epiphone Guitar I Have?
- How to Determine the Value of a Musical Instrument