Canonsburg Pottery is dinnerware produced by a now-defunct company in Pennsylvania. Because new pieces are no longer being produced, collectors must go to private owners or companies that specialize in replacement china.
The company was founded in 1900 as the Canonsburg China Company by John George. In 1909, the name was changed to Canonsburg Pottery Company.
The company produced its pottery in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, a borough south of Pittsburgh. The town is the former home to a radium refining mill and was once visited by Marie Curie.
W.S. George, uncle to Canonsburg Pottery Co. founder John George, also headed an American china company. Canonsburg was also the location of a W.S. George Pottery Company plant.
The company remained in the George family until 1975, when it was sold to Angelo Falconi. It closed in 1978.
Canonsburg Pottery is perhaps best known for its decaled dinnerware. Many product lines, such as the "Wild Clover" items, featured floral motifs.
When Steubenville Pottery Company closed in 1959, its equipment and molds were sold to Canonsburg Pottery. In the 1960s, two popular patterns were sold under the Steubenville name but produced by Canonsburg.